Dinner Rut.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

It's Thursday!! That means the weekend starts tomorrow!! 

Gustavo has had a great first week of school so far! Tuesday was the first day we actually left him there and he came home like this...



His whole class had crowns on! How cute is this? 
I love that sweet smile!! 

 Yesterday, his teacher said he napped great--probably because he now has to get up about an hour earlier than normal. I was kind of nervous about the nap time situation. At his old preschool I always picked him up right after lunch so he had never really napped anywhere else besides home and his grandparents house. So thankful for that! 

On the other hand, I have been sensing the little miss has been feeling a bit lonely. 

 We've been in a dinner rut lately. I'm so tired of making the same few dishes every week-- its so blah...

Yesterday, I stepped it up a notch and whipped out my crock pot, which I had abandoned lately. I don't I've used it in months. Well let's just say I have fallen in love with it all over again! I am so excited! 

I was catching up on some blog reading Tuesday night and ran into some simple crock pot recipes from The Mix and Match Mama. I love her recipes because they're quick and simple! 
The crock pot chicken tacos really caught my eye and I had everything we needed for them!! WINNING!!!



The only thing I semi changed up was the recipe called for chicken breast and I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and it worked just as great! 

They were the easiest thing to make--I hardly had to shred the chicken because it was so soft from being in the crock pot all day, it almost just fell apart on it's own!  and let's just say dinner was ready by 3:30pm----talk about ahead of the ball game! And the kids LOVED them. They chowed them down. literally. 

xoxo

Elda 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground