DIY: Polka-Dot Holiday Wrapping Paper

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hello there!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their family and friends! We sure did! This is the first year that Little Gus is starting to understand a little bit more what is going on  and he has become quite the little helper! So Friday he helped me put up our Christmas tree. We had Christmas music playing all day, it was so nice! He loved taking out all of our ornaments, of course he thought they were balls so he threw them everywhere. Thank God I have yet to invest in  some nice ornaments and mine are nice, cheap, and plastic so no harm can be done...hehe. Nevertheless, it was so nice to have him be a part of the Christmas tree this year.


This weekend I made some pretty fabulous wrapping paper (budget-friendly, of course) and wanted to share on how to make it! It's oh so very simple and will need just a few materials! The very best part is that I already had everything I needed so I only spent $1 !! The hubs was so excited hahah! 


- Craft paint in color(s) of your choice
- Wine corks
(I have been saving the corks off the bottles of wine we open ;))
-Brown Mailing paper 
($1 at the Dollar Tree or you can get it at the Post Office)
-Ribbon for wrapping the gift afterwards
(Had some left-over from my son's birthday party)
-Tape
-Scissors



All you have to do it unravel the mailing paper on the floor or on a long table and dip one end of the cork into the paint and stamp away! I used different corks for each color. The corks make the most perfect circles on the paper. I left mine to dry overnight because I didn't want to risk any smudges. 




This is a cute project that you could even do with your little ones, obviously with kids paint and not permanent craft paint. 





If you have any questions feel free to ask! 

XOXO

Elda


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! And I love the look. My brother-in-law and I are always in competition with each other. He always wraps gifts extremely beautifully. Next year I am trying this out!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground