DIY// Easter Egg Garland

Thursday, March 27, 2014

With Easter right around the corner I wanted to spruce up the kid's table set so I made this adorable Easter Egg garland using Paint Swatches and thought I HAD to share! This is very low in cost, simple to make and just absolutely adorable...you know me, I'm all about simple! This would be super cute for like a preschool Easter party, on your mantle or even in a nursery!



Materials:

Paint Swatches in colors of your choice
Wired string 
pencil or marker
whole punch (not pictures)
scissors



The paint swatches I just went and picked up a Home Depot .
(sorry Home Depot, you're probably low on paint  swatches)

The wired string I had leftover from another project but I got it at Micheal's and I don't think I spent more than like $4 on it. You could also use Baker's twine...I've seen it in the dollar section at Target. 



The first thing you are going to do is flip your first color swatch over and draw an egg shape on the back. (where the writing is) It took me a few tries but since the paper is pretty thick it doesn't show up on the front. I used one color swatch for each egg. 
Since, there is a little writing on both sides(right and left) of the color side of the paper you have to draw the egg in the middle to not get any writing in. Keep that in mind when you are picking up the color swatches.



Cut it out and it will look like this. 
 then trace it on the back of the other color swatches. 



Cut them all out and you will have a bunch of eggs




Next, you are going to punch a hole at the top of each paper egg and take the wired string and string it through the hole. Join both strings and twist the two pieces of string together, securing the egg so it can't move. 

Leave a little room and repeat with the other eggs. 




Hang and Enjoy!




Happy Hostess

6 comments:

  1. This is seriously the best idea - I've seen a lot of different things created from paint swatches - but this is probably my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable and genius idea! Love it! I might have to give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, this is so easy and insanely adorable!! Too cute, Elda!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and inexpensive! LOVE it!
    Might just have to try it this weekend!
    Stopping over from www.ourlifeonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!!!!! I absolutely love this. Thank you so much for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground