Super Bowl Party Food Link-Up// Baked Brie

Thursday, January 23, 2014




Today, I am linking up with Kaitlyn from Wifesessionals and Brittany from This Beautiful Life to bring you some ideas for Super Bowl Party Food. 

I am sharing a recipe for a baked brie that I absolutely LOVE. This tends to be my "go to" dish when I have to bring something to a get together with friends. It's quite simple, (I am a huge fan of simple, since with two babies I really don't have very much spare time to labor over amazing recipes)absolutely delish and has become quite the crowd pleaser!




Ingredients:
1 sheet of Peppridge Farm puff pastry (found in the frozen section at your grocery store)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (8oz.) wheel of Brie cheese
1 egg beaten
Crackers for serving

You will also need a cookie sheet for baking and a saucepan to saute the walnuts.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Defrost Puff pastry for about 15-20 minutes and unfold. I like to just lay in the middle of the cookie sheet so you don't have to move it after you have put it together and also to avoid it falling apart. 

In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and saute the walnuts in the butter until golden brown. (about 5 min.)

Add the cinnamon and stir until the walnuts are well coated. 

Unfold the puff pastry and place brie in center of the puff pastry. 

Place the walnuts on top of the brie cheese and on top of the walnuts place the brown sugar. It will look like the picture above. 

Gather the edges of the pastry,  pressing against the brie and gather at the top. you are going to have to press the dough together at the top, making like a little package. (picture below)



Brush the beaten egg over the top and side of brie. 

Bake for 20 min or until pastry is golden brown. 

Serve warm with crackers.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product but it looks just like this last picture but golden brown!

I promise all of your guests will be asking for the recipe :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, this looks so incredible! I've just started using Brie in my cooking and I love the flavor. This dish looks extra delish. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are so welcome! I wanted to comment on your post because your Buffalo Chicken Bites look amazing! I'll have to try those! They're perfect for little people with little fingers! :)

      Delete
  2. Mmm...this looks delish!

    xoxo-Joelle
    countrylivinginheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground