Goals for the New Year...

Tuesday, January 7, 2014




1. Try at least one new recipe every week. 
I tend to cook the same meals on a regular basis. I am pretty tired of eating the same things...I am ready to mix it up a little bit. If you have any delicious recipes that you'd like to share, send them my way!


2. Choose healthier options for me and my family. 
Before my husband and I got married, I was such a health freak. I was that girl that watched and counted every single calorie. Then I got married and I don't know what happened. Little Gus is starting  to get used to eating too many "junk foods" and I am not liking it one bit.


3. Stay on a mass routine every Sunday.
My husband and I are Catholic and we are raising our little ones Catholic. However, it has been really hard for us to get into the habit of attending mass every Sunday. Somehow, something ALWAYS comes up. To teach our children and set an example for our little family and set a good example we really would like to go to mass every Sunday. no matter what.


4. Try and save time so I can spend more time with my family.
I want to manage my time better with the daily tasks around the house. maybe use the crock pot to make dinner more often instead of laboring in the kitchen every day for an hour and a half while two babies are tugging at my clothes because they need something. I could use that time to sit down and spend quality time with them.


5. Read.
Take the time to sit down and read a good book. I want to read something that will contribute to who I am and make me a better person. Something that will make me a better wife, mother, daughter, friend and sister. I want to learn something from it. If you have any good suggestions let me know!


6. Do random acts of kindness. This world can never have enough kindness.
It feels so good when you something for someone else. Not always does it have to be something big. Maybe hold the door open for an elderly person or the pregnant lady walking in front of you. Maybe pay the toll for the person behind you. Give a smile to a stranger on the street. You never know, you could have made their day with that simple smile.

7. Laugh. 
This is a hard one for me. I tend to be a bit of a pessimist. Try and forget about all the negative in your life or how negative my day has been. Think about the positive. Think about what I have to look forward to. Laugh about it. Life is short. Be happy.

8. Reach 500 followers.
This is one YOU can help me with :). If you are a regular on here let's make it known! Follow me! It's quite simple! I want to know who my readers are!

xoxo

Elda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground