Our desire for a Large Family

Tuesday, April 29, 2014


Right now we are a family of four. But that is how many children Gus and I hope to have one day. Four. Yes, go ahead and a gasp...we get it ALL the time. I think mainly because most people in Miami think you're INSANE for even thinking you want to have more than one or two children. (I think it's a city thing) Whatever, I'm so over it. 

That is one thing that we have always talked about the desire to have. Since we were dating we talked about this. 

Some days, when neither one of my toddlers seems to be remotely interested in wanting to nap or listen to a single word coming out of my mouth, I stop and ask myself "Do I really want more children?". How could I even handle two more children? Well, the answer is "Sometime, down the road". 

We aren't planning anytime soon because yes with two kids barely 15 months apart, I feel like I have twins sometimes. We have our hands plenty full! But in the future I would love to have a large family. Maybe even adopt a child. 

To give a child an opportunity to have a family, a loving home, someone who cares about them would be an  amazing thing to me. There are so many babies and children who need homes, need a loving family. I have that desire in my heart. 

I know it's a tough process and it comes with trials and tribulations, different ones than a pregnancy would but adopting would give me so much satisfaction knowing that we are loving someone else's child like our own and giving him or her a better life than the one that he had. 

Who knows, this is just an idea, a desire, a dream. Maybe one day God will bless us with twins, two more children, one biologically ours, one adopted...


7 comments:

  1. Love your heart!! Thanks for sharing. Mark and I hope to adopt one day too. I grew up with two boys who were in my grade -- one adopted, one biological. What a special, unique relationship they had! Such a blessing!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a very special person/couple to adopt a child - hope your dreams come true and you have the large family you always dreamed of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I hope you share your process and I wish you all the best of luck on your quest to grow the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just lovely that you have it in your heart to adopt. Not everybody can open themselves up like that. What a beautiful gift to a child. A family of 4 sounds amazing. I use to want 5, but there is no way I could have them close together. I'm not cut out for that type of exhaustion. We are good with one right now though, maybe down the road =)

    I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a liebster today - http://sweet-turtle-soup.blogspot.com/2014/04/ich-liebe-dich.html fyi

    ReplyDelete
  5. We never thought we would have more than two and then Emily came along and we couldn't imagine life without her! I would entertain the thought of 3 and then just have an exhausting day and feel like there was no idea I could handle it. You do what you have to do though. I love to think about the future and having holidays and lots of family around for the kids. The toughest thing for me is all the laundry! lol Love to hear that you'd consider adopting. Friends of ours hosted children(2 brothers) from the Ukraine and it was an incredible experience. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up in a household of 8 and I loved it :) four were cousins and I have three sisters. I wouldn't have it any other way :)


    iPad Air Giveaway

    Makeover With Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you want to have 4. There were 4 kids in my family and it was great. My husband's dead-set on 2, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to be done. :) Maybe we'll get an unexpected bonus baby after this next one gets here.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground