5 min.Prep Southwest Salad

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I have been trying to eat healthier, as I have come to realize I am in a mid twenties body crisis. (aka time to head to the gym) My body was in a teeny bopper stage (or at least I would like to think so)  for a couple years after giving birth but yeah. Things are changing. It may have a lot to do with the fact I am just as satisfied eating my toddler's leftover lunch of dino chicken nuggets or mac and cheese to save time and effort. or just flat out being lazy. 

I have also been trying to make an effort to buy less canned goods. Too many chemicals. 

Yesterday, for lunch I whipped up this quick Southwest Salad. I had made fresh black beans a couple days ago-- btw these are awesome to have cooked in your fridge and make a quick side addition to any meal or side addition. They have high nutritional values. 



Southwest Salad

Ingredients

Fresh Spinach 
1/4 of a whole tomato (diced)
1/2 of an Avocado 
1/3 cup of black beans
Shredded Cheese (Taco Style)

Makes 1 salad. 

Make sure you rinse all of your veggies. Cut the avocado into squares. Cut the tomato into squares. Serve enough spinach to where it covers the plate you are using. (A generous portion) Then just place all the toppings over the spinach. And Vuala. 

You can also add a piece of grilled Salmon or Chicken over the top of the salad for some extra protein. 

Bon Apetite. 

xoxo

Elda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground