monday, you came too soon. || our anniversary getaway

Monday, June 29, 2015

Ready and recharged? yeah right. that's what we had hoped to be this morning, after our weekend away but definitely not. Reality hit us pretty hard. We have a serious case of Monday over here. 

Gus and I did have a great time in Hutchinson Island, this weekend though. We slept and laid by the pool and ate. And that's about it. It was fantastic. If you're in Florida and looking for somewhere quiet for the weekend to getaway, I highly recommend Hutchinson Island. 

Also--the humidity was nowhere near as bad as it is in Miami so I was blessed with a few good hair days!! ;) 




This was the view from our balcony. 

I think I also gained like 10 pounds, well not really but it sure does feel like it. 

Friday, we arrived, checked in at our hotel, grabbed a cocktail and headed straight for the beach. Sure enough we didn't last very long before it started raining. So we hung out at the teeny tiny Tiki Bar for a little bit right by the beach. 






Then we went back to our room got ready for dinner and headed to historic Stuart. This little town is the cutest. It's complete with restaurants--casual and a little nicer, ice cream parlors, shops, chocolate shops, etc. 



I wore this to dinner. This is my favorite maxi that I own. You can't go wrong with Neon, lace and embroidery. The perfect combo. 

I had read about a restaurant called The Gafford --- We saw from the outside it was packed so we figured if it's hoppin it HAS to be good. We got there right as happy hour was ending so we snuck a few drinks in our tab ;) 



And the food was amazing!!!





Saturday, we woke up went and got breakfast at a little cafe right by our hotel called Josephine's which was also fantastic. I had a Guacamole Bruschetta 




And Gus had the crab eggs Benedict. 



I wore this sweet little Lilly number...



We hung out by the pool all day (I was finally able to start reading Where'd you go Bernadette--I'm loving it so far)  and




 then went upstairs and got ready for dinner and explored downtown Stuart a little more. 




I am kind of loving this hat---I can wear it with everything. It's been on repeat the last few weeks. 




We ended up at this little family owned pizza place(of course! because Gus can't go a whole weekend without eating pizza ;), of which I can't think of the name but it was amazing!!




Sunday, we woke up and checked out of the hotel and headed back to Josephine's for breakfast. I had a delicious crepe and Gus had a Croque Madame. I didn't take any pictures of the food---fail. 



But I did manage to take a no-makeup selfie of my outfit and then we headed back home to see our babies!!! 

The kids had a blast with my mom, who volunteered to come stay with them so we could get away for  a couple days! I am grateful for her!

Hope you had a fantastic weekend!!

xoxo

Elda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground